Friday 10 February 2012

Non toxic beauty products

I’ve always had very sensitive skin and most of time my skin would react to many cosmetics even the ones that had been specially designed for sensitive skin, so I went to my GP and was told I have allergies to many modern chemicals and that I must avoid them (I can't even go to the local swimming pool due to the chemicals as it caused my skin to react badly).   

So, ever since then I have been using non-toxic natural beauty products as well as non-toxic natural cleaning products as well. So since then I started to look in to what was in the products I was using and what I found in these common beauty products was not pleasant many of these products contain many toxic ingredients.

  
Many of these products contain nasty chemicals such as:

  • Sodium Lauryl Sulphate and Sodium Laureth Sulphate are used as detergents and surfactants and are found in floor and car degreasers but shockingly they are one of the main ingredients in your normal cosmetics, everyday toothpastes, shampoos and conditioners and products that bubbles.
  • Mineral Oil and is a buy product of the petroleum industry and is there for every cheap and found in lotions, creams and baby products.
  • Synthetic Fragrances many products can contain up to 200 synthetic (man-made) ingredients and are just written as fragrance on the ingredients list. 
  • Phthalates are widely used compounds that are found in plastics and wood finishers but also in your Powders, Fragrances, Nail Polishes, hair products, Skin Creams, Deodorants and Aftershaves.
  • Formaldehyde is a colourless, flammable; chemical that is used in building materials but is also used in nail care products and polish, moisturisers, eye shadow, lip glosses and sticks, shaving products, shampoos and even a some baby shampoos.

There are many more but I could be here all day.

So since natural products have become easier to get hold of over the past few years. I have had a lot of experience though trying many kinds of different brands of natural beauty products and have found out what has worked for me and what has not. But am always on the look for new products to try.

So I have decided to share my experience of different products, brands what works for me and what has not and any new products that I come across.



Followers

Powered by Blogger.

© Elle's Blonde World, AllRightsReserved.

Designed by ScreenWritersArena